KHS Landscape Design & Build is a leading, residential, full-service landscape company centrally located in the Okanagan Valley, BC. Our Maintenance Department is expanding and we are looking to hire passionate gardeners who will enjoy the rewards of a physically and mentally stimulating job. We take pride in our outstanding work, in our community involvement projects, and in our excellent work environment; all while providing a competitive wage and opportunities to expand within the company. Actual Wage will be based on experience.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE:
- Has experience in landscape maintenance with a specialty in gardening.
- Is in a landscape gardener or horticultural college program, or has relevant education.
- Has some plant identification and care knowledge.
- Willing to work in all weather conditions.
- Is strongly committed to safety, team work and team building.
- Has an eye for detail.
- Is eager to share and receive feedback, and displays an eagerness to learn.
THE CANDIDATE WILL DEMONSTRATE:
- The ability to follow direction and instruction and to ask for assistance and clarification as needed.
- The ability to work productively; both independently and in a team environment.
- The ability to complete given tasks within a limited time period to an expected level of quality.
- Excellent communication skills, both in the interactions with staff and clients.
THE COMPANY WILL PROVIDE:
- All required training needed for the safe and efficient operation of all tools.
- Extensive knowledge training in horticulture and in proper maintenance practices.
- An open and inclusive work environment, free of harassment and focused on inclusivity.
- Consistent work at 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday with statutory holidays off with pay, 30-minute lunch break and paid breaks. Overtime pay as earned.
- Performance reviews and targets, and incentives above and beyond the wage.
- A strong working team environment and supportive management team.
- Benefit Package available spring 2019